Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Rotel Sausage & Cream Cheese Dip

Totally addictive!

Picture from Pinterest

I can't even tell you how many people request this dip when I have to bring something to gatherings or have company coming over.

The first time I had it was at my neighbor, Amy's house, a few years ago.  She knew how much I enjoyed it and the next time she made it, brought me over a bowl...just for me!   Did I tell you how much I like Amy?  Hehe!

Tomorrow is Christmas Eve, but my kids work in retail and won't be able to make it home for a big dinner.  Instead, we'll have this when they get here, along with other finger foods and a Hot Cocoa Bar.  It's going to be a fun night!   You all have a blessed and wonderful Christmas too!

Ingredients:
1 (16 oz.) pkg. bulk breakfast sausage (Jimmy Dean's is good in this)
12 oz. of cream cheese
1 (14.5 oz.) can Original Rotel with green chilies

Brown sausage in a non-stick skillet, breaking it up into crumbles with a spatula until no longer pink.  Drain the grease and put the cooked sausage into a bowl; set aside.

Cut cream cheese into chunks.

In the same pan, heat the tomatoes and cream cheese over medium heat, stirring occasionally.  Heat until the cream cheese is completely melted.

Add the browned sausage to the cream cheese mixture and stir to combine until heated through.

Transfer to a small crock pot; turn on to "warm".  This way the dip will remain heated for the whole evening, while you can enjoy the party too!  Just stir it every once in a while so it doesn't stick to the sides or builds up a film on top (if it lasts that long.) 

Serve with tortilla chips (we like the Scoops) or your favorite dipping chip.


Be encouraged!
"She will bear a son, and you shall call his name Jesus, for he will save his people from their sins."   -Matthew 1:21

No comments:

Post a Comment