Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Lemon-Butter Snowbars

Luscious!

I love this recipe!  They turn out great every time, and the flavor is light, sweet, slightly tart...and super delicious!  I've made them for many occasions, for friends or "just because!"

I've had this recipe for so long, I'm not even sure where I got it.  I thought it was in my old Betty Crocker cookbook, but it's not there.  Just on a card in my recipe box.  

My family has been known to literally chase each other around the house for the last one!  All in fun, but still pretty amazing reception for such an old "go-to" cookie!  They're great any time of the year, but I've included them on my Christmas cookie tray forever. 

Warning!  If you make them early, freeze them, or they won't make it 'til Christmas!   Mine are already in the freezer, uncut.  They keep really well and, if uncut, I can tell if someone has been sneaking them!   Yes, I have got to watch this crew when it comes to these lemon bars.  You will too!  Ha!


Crust:
1/2 cup butter
1 1/3 cup flour
1/4 cup sugar

Filling:
2 eggs
3/4 cup sugar
2 Tbsp. flour
1/4 tsp. baking powder
3 Tbsp. lemon juice (Real Lemon is fine)

Confectioner's sugar for dusting top

Directions:

Preheat oven to 350'F.

In mixing bowl, combine all crust ingredients.  Mix on low speed until blended, and will stick together when pressed.

Pat crust into a greased (I use Pam) 8" square pan.  Build up the sides about 1/2" around pan.  Bake near the center of the oven for 12-14 minutes or until edges turn lightly browned.

Meanwhile, prepare filling by whisking all filling ingredients together.  When crust is ready, pour the filling over it while still hot, and return to the oven for about 20 minutes or until set.  I run a sharp knife all around the edges before it cools off to loosen it up. 

Dust with confectioner's sugar, and let cool completely.  Cut into squares.  You may want to dust them again...I do!

If you have "lemon-lovers" in you house, like I do, just double the recipe! 

Be encouraged!
"Therefore the Lord himself will give you a sign:  Behold the virgin will conceive give birth to a son, and call him Immanuel."    -Isaiah 7:14

No comments:

Post a Comment