Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Mini Hawaiian Ham & Cheese Sliders

Irresistible!



Picture from Pinterest































Here's a new recipe I found last year on Pinterest!    Yes, I'm a "pin-aholic".   My kids tease me and tell me I need to find a meeting to help get over my love of pinning.  I guess I'm a closet hoarder with almost 45,000 pins...but, it's okay, since I can do it without a mess.  Messes go against my "neat and clean" obsession.  LOL!

There are a few different recipes for these delicious little sliders, but this one is my favorite.  The slightly sweet, soft, melt-in-your-mouth Hawaiian rolls combined with the little tang of Dijon and Worcestershire sauce is wonderful.  I tried to take a picture of the ones I made, but when I went to get my camera and come back to the kitchen...they were gone!!!   They looked almost identical to this picture, so that's why I "borrowed" it from Pinterest. 

Ingredients :
           
1 pound deli ham shaved
1 pound Swiss cheese thinly sliced
1 stick butter
1 1/2 tablespoons Dijon mustard (honey-mustard is delicious too) 
1 1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
1 1/2 teaspoons minced onion dried
1 12-pack KING'S HAWAIIAN Original Hawaiian Sweet Dinner Rolls             


Poppy seeds or Sesame seeds

Preparation:
            
Melt butter and mix in mustard, sauce and onion.
Picture from Pinterest

Cut the entire pack of rolls in half, horizontally (keeping all top and bottom halves separately in tact). 

In a foil-lined 9x13 inch pan, spray with Pam, then place bottom half of rolls on top.  Brush with 1/2 the butter mixture and cover with ham and cheese.   Place top half of rolls over this.

Brush the rest of the butter mixture over top of rolls, making sure onion is evenly distributed.                

Refrigerate over night.                

Cover loosely with foil and bake at 325 degrees for approx. 30 minutes.  Once finished, separate with a sharp knife, for serving.


Variations: 

Substitute sesame seeds for the poppy seeds.

Instead of melting the butter, let it get soft and mix all the ingredients into the butter (mustard, Worcestershire, poppy seeds and onions) then spread the tops of the rolls (the inside part) before putting the sandwiches back together before baking. 


"So teach us to number our days, that we may apply our hearts unto wisdom."    -Psalm 90:12
 

No comments:

Post a Comment