Saturday, April 11, 2015

Fiesta Party Dip

A hit at every party!

I've made this now so many times, I can't count...and every time I bring it to a get-together, it disappears almost immediately!

The first time I had it was at a Christmas party at my neighbor's home.  She had a big crockpot full and it was going fast.  It was delicious!

After that, I started making it for our little family gatherings on holidays, much to my their delight.   But, I made it in small batches because there's only six of us who live here in North Carolina. 

So, I went out and "splurged" on a $10 mini crockpot and it's just right for this recipe.  You can make bigger batches by doubling or tripling the ingredients.  Oh, then you'll want to use the big crockpot.  Hehe!

Ingredients:
1 lb. Jimmy Dean Regular Sausage
1 can Original Rotel with diced tomatoes and green chilies
1 8oz. pkg. cream cheese
1 or more bags of tortilla chips
Fully cook sausage in a pan, breaking it apart with a wooden spoon until it looks like ground sausage.   Drain well; place back into pan.
Add Rotel and cream cheese.  Simmer for approximately 10 minutes or until all ingredients are thoroughly blended.  Pour into small crock pot to keep warm.
Serve hot with tortilla chips.

A Tip from Grammy:
-Occasionally stir the dip so it doesn't harden around the edges or develop a film on top...not that it lasts that long.
-So easy to double or triple, depending on the crowd. 
-You can add an extra can of Rotel, it won't change the consistency.


Be encouraged!
"These are a shadow of the things that were to come; the reality, however, is found in Christ." - Colossians 2:17

No comments:

Post a Comment