Monday, April 20, 2015

Easy Baked Parmesan Tomatoes

Spicing up plain tomatoes!



Fresh tomatoes can be so much more than just another veggie in your salad.  We love them covered in herbs and parmesan cheese, then baked in a hot oven.  And you will too!  They are the perfect side dish, so flavorful and delicious.  I made these for dinner yesterday as a side with meatloaf and macaroni and cheese...super! 

I used the dried herbs yesterday, because I didn't have any fresh ones, but I love using them whenever I can.  Now that it's spring, I'll be planting basil, oregano, rosemary and a few other favorites.  It's the best feeling to just go to my backyard and cut as much of these wonderful herbs as I need.  The best part is that, usually, there's more than enough for the season and I end up freezing them to use the rest of the year.

Ingredients:
2 large tomatoes, cut into 3-4 slices each (they will be thick)
1/2 cup grated parmesan
1/4 tsp. dried oregano (you can add more if you like oregano)
Salt and Pepper to taste
Olive oil to drizzle, optional 
Fresh parsley or basil for garnishing


Preheat oven to 400' F.

In a small bowl toss together the Parmesan cheese, dried oregano, salt and pepper. Top each tomato slice evenly with the Parmesan cheese mixture. Drizzle with a bit of olive oil, if desired.

Bake for about 5 to 10 minutes or until you notice the cheese starts to turn gold. 
Garnish with fresh parsley or basil and serve.


Be encouraged!
Pray always.  "Give your whispered thoughts to God, and the common moments become uncommon."   -Max Lucado
 


No comments:

Post a Comment