Friday, April 10, 2015

Green Beans and Italian Breadcrumbs

A delicious, no fuss, side dish!


My granddaughter bought a huge bag of fresh green beans from Costco the other day, and I was thrilled!  I love green beans, any way they're made.  Sometimes I'll just blanch them and eat them for a snack...so good!

The whole family loves green beans, and I like to prepare them in different ways, so they won't tire of them.  Personally, I could eat them everyday!

My sister-in-law made these for her family all the time, and it was at her house, that I first tried them.  They were so delicious!  These are super simple to make and you can use canned green beans or get the fresh in the microwave bag...just keeping it simple!  

It's the kind of basic recipe you can make as is, or add some other flavors, such as:  grated lemon peel, basil, parmesan.  Get as creative as you like!  As I always say, "Play with your food!" 

Ingredients:
1 lb. fresh or 2 (15 oz.) cans cut or whole green beans
2 Tbsps. butter
2-3 cloves garlic, finely chopped or use a garlic press
1/4 cup Italian style breadcrumbs 


Directions
Snip and clean fresh beans, blanch in boiling water for 5 minutes.  If using canned, just drain liquid.

Peel garlic cloves and put them through a garlic press into the pan.  Add butter and beans; sauté together on low heat for 5-10 minutes.
 
Turn off heat and toss green beans with the bread crumbs until coated.
 
Place in serving dish and enjoy!

Be encouraged!
Hope deferred makes the heart sick, but a longing fulfilled is a tree of life.  -Proverbs 13:12

No comments:

Post a Comment