Friday, September 12, 2014

Hot Fudge Sauce

Definitely my favorite hot fudge sauce!  

So smooth, so rich and just so delicious!
If you could see the page in my old Betty Crocker cookbook with this recipe in it, you'd get a good laugh.   It's dotted with chocolate sauce from top to bottom.  So, I figured I'd better get it on the blog before I can't see the recipe anymore.

This decadent chocolate sauce can turn an ordinary dessert into a dazzling delight!  Use it as a topping or as a layering, and use your imagination to have fun with it!  My family loves it when I make them Hot Fudge Brownie Sundaes.

Fill small Ball Jars with this sauce and give to your neighbors and friends for Christmas, they'll love it...and you!

I do have a confession, I've been known to eat spoonfuls of it right out of the jar!  Straight, no chaser.   I'm so addicted and have no willpower when it comes to good chocolate.  Did I say "good" chocolate, yeah, scratch the "good", the operative word is chocolate! 


Ingredients:
1 (14.5oz.) can evaporated milk
2 cups granulated sugar
4 oz. unsweetened chocolate (I use Ghiradelli)
1/4 cup butter
1 tsp. vanilla
1/2 tsp. salt

Hot Fudge Brownie Sundae!
Heat milk and sugar to rolling boil, stirring constantly.  Boil and stir 1 minute. 

Add chocolate, stirring until melted.  Beat over low heat until smooth with whisk or electric mixer.  (If sauce has slightly curdled appearance, beat vigorously until creamy smooth.)  

Remove from heat; blend in butter, vanilla and salt.

Makes 3 cups






Be encouraged!
"Neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord."   -Romans 8:39

1 comment: