Saturday, September 20, 2014

German Sweet Chocolate Cream Pie

"Mmm" in 10 minutes!


Picture from the old Baker's pamphlet.
Here's a real throw-back! 

Luscious chocolate taste in a creamy pie, and it's done in minutes, literally!  I got this recipe many  years ago in a little Baker's Chocolate pamphlet and it's absolutely delicious!  So, when I found this in my old recipe box, I knew it had to go on the blog.

It's one of those pies that can have a homemade crust, graham cracker, or Oreo would be wonderful too.
I like to use my own crust, but that's just me.

You can also kick it up a notch by using Hazlenut creamer in place of the milk.    I also read that some people don't even freeze it,  just keep it refrigerated.  It all sounds great to me!

Ingredients:

1 (4 oz.) pkg. Baker's German Sweet Chocolate
1/3 C. milk (divided)
2 Tbsp. sugar
1 (4 oz.) pkg. cream cheese, softened
3 1/2 c. or (80z. container whipped topping, thawed
8" graham cracker crumb crust


Original recipe from 1980's
Heat chocolate and 2 Tbsp. of the milk in saucepan over low heat, stirring until chocolate is melted. 

Beat sugar into cream cheese; add remaining milk and chocolate mixture and beat until smooth.

Fold in whipped topping, blending until smooth.  Spoon into crust.

Freeze until firm, about 4 hours.  Garnish with chocolate curls, if desired.

Store any leftover pie in freezer.


"Acknowledge Him, and He shall direct you paths."  -Proverbs 3:6

No comments:

Post a Comment