Thursday, August 21, 2014

Graham Cracker Toffee

Cookie & candy all rolled into one!

They melt in your mouth!

The first time I was introduced to these addictive little gems was during a local production of "The Sound of Music."  I almost missed my cue, because I was so busy chowing down on these delicious goodies.  You can say that they're like "music in my mouth!"

My friend, and fellow nun at the time, gave me the recipe and I've been making them ever since.  Now, this is going back quite a few years, but my family requests...uh, demands them every Christmas. 

They didn't start off as a Christmas treat, but don't tell my daughter, Kira and granddaughter, Andrea that, because I would have to make them every day!


Ingredients:
1 1/2 -2 pkgs. graham crackers, divided into 4 pieces each.  
My crazy girls!
(Break along perforated lines)

Cover jelly roll pan (15 x 10 x 1) with divided graham crackers  in a single layer - sides touching. 

Topping:
1 c. butter (2 sticks)
Dash of salt
1/2 c. sugar
1/2 c. chopped pecans

Melt butter in saucepan, then add sugar.  Boil 2-3 minutes, stirring continuously until blended.  Spread evenly over graham crackers.  Sprinkle with coarsely chopped pecans.

Bake for 8-10 minutes in 350' F. oven. 

While they are baking, cut a brown paper bag open and spread across the counter.  DO NOT LET THEM COOL! Immediately,  remove crackers from pan onto brown paper, separating them as you do. 


Be encouraged!
"But when the fullness of the time was come, God sent forth His Son, made of a woman, made under the Law" (Galatians 4:4).

1 comment: