Monday, October 31, 2022

Green Bean Casserole

The classic holiday side dish! 


This classic holiday side dish is a favorite and takes only minutes to prep. I know, because I've made it every year since I was a teenager, and that was a lot of years ago. This is the original recipe from last century...oh, my, did I just say that? Okay, gonna stop explaining now. LOL!

Green Bean Casserole is the perfect side dish with turkey or ham and, in my mind, makes the perfect addition to any holiday meal. It's only 6 ingredients and takes just minutes to prepare.

My computer still won't upload my own photos, so again, I had to search the net. This is a great picture of this famous and delicious casserole. 

Ingredients:
2 cans (14 oz.) cut green beans
1 can (10.5  oz.) condensed mushroom soup
1/2 cup milk
1 tsp. soy sauce
1/8 tsp. black pepper
1-2 cups crispy fried onions (canned) divided

Preheat oven to 350' F.

In a 1.5 qt. casserole, combine soup, milk soy sauce and pepper. Stir in green beans and half of the onions.

Bake for 25 minutes or until hot throughout.

Top with remaining onions. Bake 5 minutes more.

Yields: 10 servings

Be encouraged!
"The Lord watches over you - the Lord is your shade at your right hand." Psalm 121:5

No comments:

Post a Comment