Wednesday, October 26, 2022

Chocolate Ribbon Pie

 A Quick and Easy Dessert

This past Sunday, we celebrated my daughter's and her husband's birthdays, and this year I decided to bake two pies...my daughter's favorite Banana Cream and an experiment for my son-in-law! Don't worry, I love him, and he loves to try new desserts I make. LOL!

This pie looked so pretty in this picture I saw online (left) and chocolate is a favorite of Mike's. I knew right away that was the perfect "new" pie for him! I was right (yay) he loved it and so did everyone else. That's always a relief!

There are many different flavored puddings to try on this recipe...and I'm thinking I'm gonna try them all! LOL! You can also use a cookie crust, refrigerated pie crust or graham cracker one. Any one of those choices will make a delicious pie.

(Disclaimer) I did take photos, but something is wrong with my computer and it won't let me download them. Ugh! The above pic is pretty much how mine looked, except my crust was a homemade one.  I also have a picture of my daughter and son-in-law holding their pies. I'll keep trying to figure out what's wrong and change the above picture to my own.

Ingredients:

Use your favorite 9" pie crust, or make your own.

Cream Cheese Layer:
4 oz. cream cheese, softened
2 Tbsp. sugar
1 Tbsp. milk
1 cup whipped topping

In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, sugar and milk until smooth. Fold in 1 cup whipped topping. Spread evenly onto crust. 

Pudding Layer:
3.9 oz. pkg. instant chocolate pudding mix
1 3/4 cup milk

In a small bowl, whisk pudding mix and milk for 2 minutes. (I use a wire whisk)  Let stand for 2 minutes or until soft-set. Pour over the cream cheese mixture and chill until set.

Just before serving, garnish with remaining whipped topping and chocolate shavings for sprinkles.

Yields: 6-8

Be encouraged:
"In the world you will have tribulation, but take heart; I have overcome the world."   -John 16:33


No comments:

Post a Comment