Sunday, November 6, 2022

Chocolate Lasagna

An impressive no-bake dessert!

There are times in our lives that seem to be unsurmountable, times that break our hearts so badly we think there's no way to recover. Such a time was when my beloved and cherished husband, the man I had loved since I was a teenager, the man with whom I had spent 53 years loving, went home to the Lord. 

I have to admit, I lost interest in many of the things I enjoyed, this blog being one of them. But, thankfully, because of all the encouragement and support of my friends and followers, I feel renewed and ready to get back to a hobby that my husband felt was so important for me to do.

The reason I started with something that seems a "downer" is the reason for sharing this wonderful recipe for Chocolate Lasagna. You see, God has blessed me with many friends and neighbors who cared for us, and also sent over delicious food during that time.

Lisa, one of my very special neighbors, (remind me to tell you what her friendship means to me and the many ways she has supported all of my family) brought over this dessert. It was so appreciated and loved, that when more family came down the following week, she made us another one!  See what I mean about my blessings?

Ingredients:
1 lb. Cool Whip topping (5 cups, divided)
8 ounces cream cheese
8 Tbsp. butter (1 stick)
1 (14.3 oz.) pkg. Oreo cookies (36 total)
3/4 cup confectioner's sugar
3 1/4 cup plus 2 Tbsp. whole milk, divided
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1 (9 oz. pkg.) Famous chocolate wafer cookies (44 total), divided
2 (about 4 oz.) packages instant chocolate pudding mix (not cook & serve)
4 ounces semi-sweet chocolate morsels

Instructions:
Thaw 1 pound Cool Whip (5 cups) according to package instructions.

Place 8 ounces cream cheese in a stand mixer bowl (or large bowl) if using an electric hand mixer). Let sit at room temperature until softened, about an hour. Meanwhile, make the crust.

Melt 1 stick butter in the microwave or on the stovetop. 

Crush the 36 Oreo cookies in a food processor, blender or place them in a plastic baggie and crush with rolling pin or meat mallet. Transfer crumbs to a large bowl and stir in melted butter. Press crumbs into the bottom of a 13x9" pan and chill in refrigerator while you work on the other layers.

Mix the softened cream cheese with a mixer until light and fluffy. Now, add the confectioner's sugar, 2 tablespoons milk and vanilla; mix well. Fold in 8 ounces of the Cool Whip (2 1/2 cups) until well blended. Spread mixture over cookie crust.

Place 22 Famous Chocolate Wafer in an even layer on top of the cream cheese layer, overlapping them as needed. Refrigerate while you prepare the next layer.

In a bowl, combine 2 boxes of chocolate instant pudding with 3 1/4 cups cold milk; whisk for several minutes until pudding begins to thicken. Spread mixture over previous layer, and let rest for 5 minutes until firm. Top with remaining chocolate wafers in an even layer. Again, overlapping them as needed.

Spread the remaining Cool Whip over the top. Garnish with chocolate shavings or mini chocolate chips. Cover and place in freezer for 1 hour or in refrigerator for 4 hours before serving.

Yields: 12-16 servings


Be encouraged!
"The Lord himself goes before you and will be with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged." -Deuteronomy 31 8-9





No comments:

Post a Comment