Thursday, May 14, 2015

Peanut Butter Cup Stuffed Brownies

Chocolate and peanut butter collide into a yummy dessert!


Well, it all started at Costco's when my husband picked up a huge box of Ghirardelli's double chocolate brownie mixes.  I think there are 6 or 8 bags in this box, and yes, I plan to use every one of them.

I like using brownie mixes for other things besides just brownies.  Maybe a base for a dessert pizza, cake balls or even making little cups and filling them with chocolate mousse.   So, now I'm into stuffing them.  I know...I'm a sick woman. 

I wanted to make something  for Andrea to take back home for her brother and sisters, so I hope they'll like these as much as we do.  After all, they'll be imported brownies, and doesn't that make them even more special.




Ingredients:

1 Family-size box brownie mix (for 9x13" pan) OR your favorite homemade recipe (plus whatever ingredients are on the box directions)
16 Reese's Peanut Butter cups, regular size

Preheat oven to 350'F.  Spray a 13x9" pan with cooking spray.

Mix the brownies according to the package directions, or make your own homemade ones. 

Pour half the batter into the bottom of the prepared pan.  Place Reese's cups next to each other, there should be 4 in each row.

Carefully cover them with the rest of the batter, gently spreading the it with a spatula.  Make sure everything is covered.

Bake for 35-40 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.  Remove brownies and let cool to room temperature.

Cut into squares and store in an airtight container for up to 5 days.



"Let not my heart be drawn to what is evil, to take part in wicked deeds with men who are evildoers; let me not eat of their delicacies." - Psalm 141:4

No comments:

Post a Comment