Thursday, March 12, 2015

Chicken Divan

Easiest casserole to make and simply delicious!



Our choir made a cookbook a few years ago, and it is filled with the most scrumptious recipes I've ever seen.  This Chicken Divan is one of them.  So simple to put together, that the hardest part of this is cutting up the chicken...seriously, it's that easy.   But don't let the simple ingredients fool you, it's one of the tastiest casseroles I've ever had.

It's delicious on it's own, but over rice or egg noodles, it's a great meal for the family.  Just add a salad and rolls and you've got a winner!

In fact, I made this tonight for my husband, who just had surgery and I knew he would enjoy this.  Especially after all that hospital food.  I was right, he ate every bit on his plate...it was a good call.  Hehe!

If you would like broccoli, in place of the beans, go for it!  I use the green beans because my husband can't eat broccoli.  But, I've got to tell you, they are delicious in this dish, so I don't miss the broccoli at all.




Ingredients:

6 cups chicken, cut up (I use 2 rotisserie chickens)
2 (10 oz.) cans cream of chicken soup (with or without herbs)
2 (14.5 oz.) cans cut green beans
1/4 cup milk
6 slices of Swiss Cheese
1 (6oz.) can French's Fried Onions

Preheat oven to 375'F.

In a large bowl, combine soup and milk, mix well; add chicken and cut green beans. 

Pour into prepared casserole dish and bake for 30 minutes or until bubbly.

Place cheese over the top of the chicken mixture and then spread the onions over the cheese.

Put back in the oven for another 5 minutes.

Serve with rice or egg noodles.



"The Lord your God is God; he is the faithful God, keeping his covenant of love to a thousand generations of those who love him and keep his commands." - Deuteronomy 7:9

No comments:

Post a Comment