Tuesday, February 2, 2016

Impossible Cheeseburger Pie

The possibilities are endless!

 
Here's a classic Bisquick recipe!  I'm giving you the basic recipe per "Betty's" instructions, but you can easily add so many of your favorite flavors to this pie and make this taste different every time.  For example...how about a can of green chilies?  Bacon and tomato?   Garlic and green peppers?  Mushrooms & Swiss Cheese?  Oh yes, spinach and feta cheese?   Let your imagination go wild!

The last time I made this, my husband walked by, saw me working on posting this recipe, and asked, "Are you making this tonight?"  Of course, I made sure to do just that! But first, I had to check the cheese drawer because I tend to run out fast.

I've been known to double this recipe because my family really enjoys it for leftovers as well.  Oh, and I always add more cheese because...well, just because!  Oh, so that's how I run out of cheese...we love cheese!  Haha! 

Serve it with French Fries, a salad and warm dinner rolls and you've got a quick, yummy meal for all!

This is the original card that the recipe comes from...what fun! 


Ingredients:
1 lb. lean ground beef
1 cup onion, chopped
1/2 tsp. salt
1/8 tsp. pepper (opt.)
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1/2 cup Bisquick
1 cup milk
2 eggs

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spray 9-inch pie plate with cooking spray.

In 10-inch skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat 8-10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until beef is brown, drain. Stir in salt, spread in pie plate and sprinkle with cheese.

In small bowl, mix remaining ingredients with fork or wire wisk until well blended. Pour in pie plate.

Bake 25 minutes or until a knife inserted in center comes out clean.

Makes 6 servings


Be encouraged!
"If you hold to my teaching, you are really my disciples. Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free." - John 8:31-32

No comments:

Post a Comment