Saturday, September 5, 2015

Two-layer Pumpkin Pie

Photo from Pinterest
A Perfect Holiday Pumpkin Pie!




I just found an old recipe I haven't seen in awhile!  This two-layer pumpkin pie is just delicious and perfect for the fall holidays.  Yes, I'm already thinking about my favorite foods for my favorite time of year.  I just can't help myself.
 
I don't know how I lost this recipe, but it's going back on the menu for Thanksgiving...it's that good!!!  In fact, I may not even wait until then, I'm just going to have to make it NOW!
 
Ingredients:

2 (8 oz.) packages cream cheese, softened
3/4 cup white sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
2 eggs
1 (9 inch) graham cracker, shortbread or regular pie crust
1 cup pumpkin puree (not pie filling)
1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
1/8 tsp. cloves
1/8 tsp. ground nutmeg

Preheat oven to 325'F.

In a large bowl, combine cream cheese, sugar and vanilla.  Beat until smooth.  Blend in eggs, one at a time. 

Remove 1 1/2 cup of batter and spread evenly onto the bottom of crust; chill in freezer for a few minutes, while you make the pumpkin layer. 

Add pumpkin puree, cinnamon, cloves and nutmeg to the remaining batter and stir gently until well blended.  Carefully spread over the batter in the crust.

Bake in preheated oven for 35-40 minutes or until center is almost set; it will spring back when touched.

Allow to cool, then refrigerate for 3 hours or overnight.

Top with whipped cream and a sprinkle of nutmeg, if desired.


"Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen." - Ephesians 3:20-21





No comments:

Post a Comment