Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Hot Chicken Salad

Great for lunch or dinner!

This is a wonderful dish I've enjoyed making for many years, but thought I'd lost it.  I was not happy with myself.  So today, while searching through some of my old recipes, I found it again. 

My sweet hubby volunteered to go to the store for me and he got everything we needed for this yummy, hot, chicken salad. 

My recipe calls for chow mein noodles on the top, and they give it a really nice crunch.  I'm thinking that next time, I'll replace the chow mein noodles with French's Fried Onions.  I'll bet that would be really good too.

Ingredients:

2 cups cooked chicken, cut into bite-size pieces
1 cup celery, sliced
3/4 cup almonds, sliced
1/2 c. ripe black olives, chopped
1/2 tsp. salt
2 Tbsp. grated onion
1 cup mayonnaise
2 Tbsp. lemon juice
1 Tbsp. pimento, cut up
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1 (5 oz.) can chow mein noodles (for topping)

Preheat oven to 350'F.

Combine chicken, celery, almonds, olives, salt, onions, mayonnaise, lemon juice, cheddar cheese and pimento in a large bowl, and pour into a lightly greased 9X11" casserole dish.

Bake at 350'F. until bubbly; about 25 minutes.  Remove from oven.

Spread 1 (5 oz.) can chow mein noodles over top and bake for another 5 minutes. 


"The tongue that brings healing is a tree of life, but a deceitful tongue crushes the spirit." - Proverbs 15:4

No comments:

Post a Comment