Friday, September 15, 2023

Pineapple Filled Cookies

One of Mom's best!


I just found my mom's Pineapple Filled Cookie recipe in her old wooden recipe box! I don't know how I missed this for all these years, but I couldn't be happier right now! 

These are one of the holiday cookies that we enjoyed along with so many others that my mom and aunts would bake and share amongst family and friends every year.  So many precious memories go hand-in-hand with holiday cookie baking, and it makes me realize how blessed I was with a childhood that was filled with family and so much love!

Ingredients:

Dough:
Cream together:
1/4 cup shortening
1/4 cup brown sugar

Beat in with the above mixture:
1 egg
1 tsp. vanilla
3 Tbsp. milk

Sift together, then add to above mixture:
2 cups flour
1 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. salt

Make a soft dough and chill 3-4 hours or until firm enough to roll.

Filling:
1 1/2 cup crushed pineapple (drained)
1/4 cup sugar
2 Tbsp. cornstarch
1/2 tsp grated lemon peel
1 Tbsp. butter

Combine ingredients, place over low heat. Stir until thickened, about 15 minutes.
Cool completely.

Roll chilled dough into oblong, cut into 2 1/2" squares.

Place 1 heaping teaspoon of filling on each square, bring opposite corners together, pinch to seal.

Bake at 400'F. for 10 minutes.

Cool on racks. Sprinkle with confectioner's sugar.

Be encouraged!
Rejoice always! - 1 Thessalonians 5:16

 

No comments:

Post a Comment