Friday, July 7, 2023

Lemon Cheesecake Crescent Rolls

Bursting with delicious lemony flavor!


I decided to check out Pinterest today, looking for a sweet baby afghan pattern for my granddaughter's first baby. Unfortunately, I didn't find the afghan pattern, but I did find a recipe for what looks like a delicious breakfast/brunch recipe! It stopped me in my tracks and I knew I had to share it with you all.

It took me to a website called "Lemon Tree Dwelling" and I'm probably going to check out more of her recipes because they looked wonderful!

Okay now, back to the crescent rolls. They're filled with a lemon flavored cheesecake and topped with a sweet lemon glaze...they have to be good, right?
I just had a thought! I might add a scant teaspoon of raspberry jam on top of the cheese cake filling before I roll them up, or maybe that delicious blueberry filling I made last week. Doesn't that sound good too? 

Ingredients:
1 pkg. crescent rolls
4 oz. cream cheese, cold
2 Tbsp. granulated sugar
1/4 tsp. lemon extract
Zest from 1/2 fresh lemon

Glaze:
1 cup confectioner's sugar
1 1/2 Tbsp. lemon juice
Zest from 1/2 fresh lemon

Instructions:
In a medium mixing bowl, combine cream cheese, granulated sugar, lemon extract and lemon zest.

Beat on medium-high speed until mixture comes together.

Unroll crescent roll dough into triangles; spoon cream cheese filling onto wider end of each triangle.

Gently roll the dough, starting at the wide end and tucking the corners, into crescent shapes.

Place 2 inches apart on a lightly greased or parchment lined baking sheet.

Bake at 375'F. for 12-14 minutes or until golden brown.

Let rolls cool on a wire rack.

Once cool, prepare glaze by combining all ingredients until smooth.

Drizzle glaze evenly over rolls.


Be encouraged!
Now faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen. -Hebrews 11:1


No comments:

Post a Comment