Tuesday, April 11, 2023

Roasted Cinnamon Sweet Potatoes

Easy, healthy and so delicious!



I was all set to make my Twice Baked Sweet Potatoes to go with our Easter ham and don't usually change my holiday menus right before the big day. But when I spotted this recipe, I just had to try it...so glad I did!

These sweet potatoes couldn't be easier to make and everyone had seconds!

Ingredients:
2 large sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1" cubes
2 Tbsp. olive oil
1 tsp. ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp. salt
1/8 tsp. black pepper (if desired)
2 Tbsp. honey (or maple syrup)

Preheat oven to 375' F.

In a large bowl, combine sweet potato cubes, olive oil, salt and pepper. Toss until the potatoes are all well coated.

Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and spread the sweet potato cubes onto the paper. 

Bake for 25-30 minutes, turning halfway through. 

Drizzle with the honey when they come out of the oven and stir them lightly to coat them all. 

Yields: 4 servings

A Tip from Grammy:
-This recipe will double easily, just make sure you don't crowd them in the baking sheet.
-You can substitute maple syrup for the honey, if you prefer.
-You can add the honey or maple syrup to the olive oil mixture before baking. I didn't because I was concerned they might burn.


Be encouraged!
Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. -1 Corinthians 13:6






No comments:

Post a Comment