Monday, June 29, 2015

Mom's Vanilla Cream

The best vanilla cream EVER!


This truly is the best vanilla cream you'll ever taste!!!  Note the 3 exclamation signs!  Yes! That's how much I want you to try this recipe!

My mom made this when I was a child and it's the only one I've ever used for fillings, or just for my kids to eat.  They don't even let it cool, they love it warm just as much!   I can't even tell you where she got this recipe, because all I know is that it was always in her recipe box. 

It's great for Boston Cream Pie, Banana Cream Pie, Cream Puffs, Eclairs, Pusties and in anything else you need a wonderful cream filling. 

Ingredients:
6 Tbsp. flour
1/2 c. granulated sugar
1/2 tsp. salt
2 eggs
2 c. milk
1 tsp. vanilla
2 Tbsp. butter

Combine flour, sugar, salt and eggs in saucepan and stir until smooth; gradually add milk and continue to stir constantly over medium heat, until  thickened.  If it looks lumpy, use a wire whisk and it will smooth out nicely.  Add vanilla and butter; stir until butter has melted.  Store in refrigerator until ready to use. 

PS.  Hide it from the kids, mine would eat it the whole thing while it was still warm.  Yes, it's that good!


Be encouraged!
"That my soul may sing praise to You and not be silent. O LORD my God, I will give thanks to You forever."   -Psalm 30:12

No comments:

Post a Comment