Sunday, July 30, 2023

Homemade Maple Syrup (EASY)



Just 5 simple ingredients!

Photo from "Iheartnaptime"

Since I was posting my favorite pancake recipe this morning, I thought I'd look up a recipe for Maple Syrup. This one from "I Heart Naptime" caught my eye. It got 5 stars and the word "easy" was all in caps! Haha, that's for me, then! Check out this blog, it looks like there are a lot of yummy recipes there!

It sounds delicious and I'm looking forward to making it after a short trip to the store to get some maple extract. But, for now, I'm going to share it, just because it got so many good comments. Everything from "perfect" to "delish" and "won't buy store bought again". 

Ingredients:
2 cups granulated sugar
1 cup light brown sugar
1/4 cup honey or corn syrup
1 1/2 cups hot water
1 tsp. maple extract
1 tsp. vanilla extract

Combine the sugar, honey and water in a large sauce pan over medium heat. Bring to a boil. Turn heat to medium-low and continue to simmer for 8-10 minutes, stirring frequently.

Remove from heat and let sit for 5 minutes. Then stir in the maple and vanilla extract. Serve over pancakes or allow to cool and then place in jars. 

Store in a covered jar in the refrigerator 1-2 months. 

Yields: 3 cups

A Tip from Grammy: 
-If using honey, the consistency will be a little thinner.

Be encouraged!
"For where two or three are gathered in my name, there, am I among them."  -Matthew 18:20

No comments:

Post a Comment