Friday, January 30, 2015

Cannoli Dip

Yay, another Cannoli recipe!


Picture from Pinterest
Have I told you how much we love Cannoli in my house?   Yes, I probably did!  If you've never had it before, I have to say you're missing out on something wonderful!   They are a crispy, tube-like, filled dessert with the most delicious cream inside, then sprinkled with powdered sugar.  My idea of a little taste of heaven.

This morning I found a recipe on Pinterest for Cannoli Dip and since I had all the ingredients, I felt it was my duty to try it out!   I decided to make this for our Super Bowl party in two days.    Just a few, magical minutes later, it was done.  Next, I placed it in an airtight container and put it in my garage refrigerator (this way, I won't see it and grab a spoonful or two...or three.) 

I did find this recipe to be a bit too thin, so I thickened it with a little flour.  I just added it by tablespoons until I liked the thickness.  You may like it thinner, and that's fine too...the flavor was spectacular either way!


Ingredients:

8 oz. Mascarpone cheese
1 1/2 cups Ricotta
1 1/4 cup Confectioner's sugar
1 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
2 Tbsp. heavy cream
1/2 cup Mini chocolate chips (safe some for the topping)

In a large mixing bowl, combine mascarpone cheese, ricotta, confectioner's sugar, vanilla and heavy cream.  Mix with an electric beater until smooth and well blended.  Stir in mini chocolate chips, saving some to decorate top.

Pour into a serving bowl and sprinkle with the mini chocolate chips.

Serve chilled, with waffle cookies, vanilla wafers, shortbread cookies or whatever you would enjoy.


"But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me." - 2 Corinthians 12:9


No comments:

Post a Comment